1. Frantastic: Move over, KFC’s Double Down sandwich. Taco Bell isn’t messing around with its latest chicken creation, the “Crispy Lava Chicken Chip.” The new product looks as interesting as it sounds—Taco Bell has warped its chicken into the shape of chips, and is serving it with a side of questionably orange nacho cheese. Check out this week’s edition of “The 8” to see our predictions about the aftermath of indulging in this dish.
2. Franlebrity: Do introverts or extroverts make better leaders? Matt Kelton of Showhomes and Bob Lewis of Closet & Storage concepts weigh in. But they both agree: it’s important to have both personality types on your team to be successful.
3. Frash Money: Restaurant chains have been trying to figure out the best way to make minimum wage hikes work for a while now. But Shake Shack may have found the solution. The brand’s being upfront by telling its customers that prices are being raised by 36 cents to boost their workers’ wages. Higher pay for employees and delicious ShackBurgers that are still affordable? Count us in.
4. Frant of the Week: Don’t be that guy with a Porta Potty in your LinkedIn profile picture (seriously, we’ve seen it happen). Instead, follow No Limit Agency Chief Brand Strategist Nick Powills’ tips to create a profile that grabs the attention of followers and connectors.
5. Franch Forward: The demand for quality child care is on the rise, and Lightbridge Academy is making moves. The brand opened its first location in New York last year, and secured leases in Virginia. That means its momentum is strong heading into 2017.
6. Fran Funny: Why did the naughty lead call at 1 a.m.? For a booty call to action.
7. Franspiration Misquote: “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop… unless you work in franchise development.” – Confucius
8. Franemies vs. Frands: The folks at Franchise Business Review are some of our best franchising Frands. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: validation is key when it comes to development and growth. Teaming up with FBR is a great way to receive ratings and reviews that are based exclusively on franchisee responses.