1. Frantastic: We’re kicking off this week’s edition of “The 8” with some Frantastic news for Taco Bell fans. Riding on the success of its nacho fries, the brand is now rolling out a line of flavored tortilla chips that will be sold in grocery and convenience stores. The chips will come in three different flavors, two of which are inspired by the brand’s hot sauce packets. Taco Bell’s new tortilla chips are expected to hit store shelves in May.
2. Franlebrity: We’re giving ourselves a shout out as the Franlebrity this week because we’re celebrating a major milestone. 1851 Franchise has officially passed 10,000 likes on Facebook. For those following along—both on Facebook and here on “The 8”—thank you!
3. Frash Money: Every year, brands break into the franchising industry with the hopes of being the next big thing. As that competition continues to increase, it’s harder for brands to stand out. To highlight some of the emerging concepts that are making a name for themselves in 2018, 1851 named the top 10 emerging franchises of 2018. From Amazing Athletes to Teriyaki Madness, check out why these brands are ones to watch.
4. Frant of the Week: For every new franchise brand created, another one dies. How can you ensure that your concept is one that lasts? In this week’s Frant, No Limit Agency CEO Nick Powills offers five steps to growing an emerging franchise. From properly investing capital and owning your points of differentiation to hiring a true leadership team and partnering with the right franchisees, following these steps will help your franchise achieve long-term success.
5. Franch Forward: Choosing to franchise your business can be a great way to Franch Forward and take your concept to the next level. However, there are certain things that no one tells you before taking the leap and becoming an emerging franchisor. That’s why 1851 rounded up five of those secrets to help brands hit the ground running. New franchisors should grow with a purpose, establish a great company culture, hire the right people, manage their time wisely and support their franchisees to be successful.
6. Fran Funny: Wendy’s dropped a hip-hop mixtape. Seriously—it’s called “We Beefin’?” The brand pulled off the marketing stunt in an effort to differentiate itself from the competition. Head to 1851 for more details.
7. Franspiration: “Franchising has meant that we grow faster and smarter. We facilitate deeper, more equitable economic development along the way via the empowerment of local entrepreneurs.” – Galen Welsch, CEO and Founder of Jibu
8. Franemies vs. Frands: As controversy continues to build around Facebook and Instagram, Snapchat is trying to be a better Frand to brands. The app is giving brands access to a lot of features that can help them reach wider audiences, including its Snap to Store feature, which tracks users who view an ad and then take action and visit a store. That feature is now available to all brands, regardless of whether or not they buy ads on the platform.