Leading mosquito treatment company gives back to local communities with blood drive and donations.
Mosquito Joe, a leading mosquito control treatment company serving residential and commercial customers nationwide, is taking an even stronger stance against pests in support of National Mosquito Control Awareness Week from June 21 to June 27 by partnering with local blood banks.
For the third year, Mosquito Joe locations across the country will partner with local blood banks to raise awareness about mosquito-borne illnesses and the importance of mosquito control. The campaign will also give back to the community by organizing blood drives and donating a percentage of new customer sales that week to local blood donation centers.
“Mosquito Joe is not only committed to protecting the community with our mosquito control services, but also to educating residents about the importance of mosquito control,” said Mosquito Joe CEO (aka Head Joe) Kevin Wilson. “During this time, our franchisees work diligently to educate their neighbors and encourage them to support their local blood banks.”
While Mosquito Control Awareness Week is just seven days, mosquito prevention should be observed throughout the year. Introducing an ongoing treatment regimen such as Mosquito Joe’s barrier spray service is the most effective way to curb the issue, but the key to keeping yards mosquito-free is keeping the pests from making yards their home in the first place. The solution is to eliminate standing water, as it is a place for mosquitos to breed. Below are a handful of helpful tips families should keep in mind for their yards:
- Regularly empty ponds, bird baths, fountains, plant pots, buckets, barrels, tarps, toys, pet water dishes or anywhere else that water may gather.
- Walk through the yard after every rain and empty any containers or areas where water has collected. Also watch for puddles where condensation gathers from the AC unit.
- Clean out gutters to avoid standing water. Examine them for clots and damage that would cause water to collect.
- Make sure there are no low spots under decks where water can hide. Dogs love to make low spots to lie under decks because it’s cool.
- Drill holes in the bottom of tire swings to prevent rainwater from accumulating. Do the same for garbage or recycling bins that reside outdoors.
- Use soil to fill in low areas in lawns and landscaped areas where rainwater may collect and stand for more than seven days.
- Keep swimming pools clean, properly circulated and filtered. Empty “kiddie pools” regularly. Make sure you have good drainage around hot tub areas.
- Repair leaky outdoor faucets.
- Don't be afraid to educate neighbors. They may not realize they have a wheelbarrow full of water behind their shed. Politely offer to turn it over for them.
- Cut grass and shrubs short, as adult mosquitoes gather to rest in shady, cool areas. Keep the yard weed-free and avoid overgrown vegetation.
- Remove extra yard clippings, leaves, etc. from yard.
“Mosquito Joe franchisees are passionate about keeping their neighbors safe and will use this week to connect with community members and organizations in an effort to develop additional events to promote mosquito prevention awareness,” said Angela Zerda, Director of Marketing for Mosquito Joe. “As we continue to grow on a national level, our local charitable efforts remain a high priority.”
Mosquito Joe continues to build a strong reputation among its clientele and currently boasts units in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Ohio, Georgia, Maryland, Alabama, Kentucky, West Virginia, Texas, Michigan, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Tennessee, New York, Delaware, Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Florida and Illinois.
The demand for mosquito control solutions is expected to rise as more people discover the benefits of a mosquito-free yard and lifestyle, paving the way for continued expansion of the fast-growing brand. With a franchise fee of $20,000, Mosquito Joe continues to entice business-savvy entrepreneurs looking to enter a growing, high-gross margin industry. Mosquito Joe also continues to be recognized as a leader in its industry; the brand was recently listed in the Top Multi-Unit Franchises of 2015 by Franchise Business Review and ranked in the Top New Franchise Opportunities by Entrepreneur Magazine.