Here are the eight things you need to know from this week.
8. The Buzz: CNBC: “Consumers’ Upbeat Mood May Boost Casual Dining Fortunes:” An increase in consumer confidence could improve the performance of casual-dining restaurants over quick-service chains.
7. Brand of the Week: Signal 88 Security
“Spokane Journal of Business: Signal 88 Targets Spokane, Washington for Development as Demand for Increased Security Grows in the State:” The brand expects franchisees who sign on to develop and own the market to thrive.
“KRQE-Albuquerque: Steps College Students Can Take to Stay Safe On Campus:” Signal 88 Security helps college students proactively prevent burglary while they’re away at school.
“Columbia Daily Tribune: Private Security Industry Grows in Columbia as Population Rises:” Signal 88 Security’s local office now employs about 40 officers in the area.
“Veteran Successfully Launches His Own Business by Joining Signal 88 Security’s Growing Franchise System:” Mike Daly explains how the brand’s supportive corporate team and network of franchisees are invaluable when launching and running a leading security business.
6. People Story: “The Wall Street Journal: Big Mac Creator Jim Delligatti Dies at 98:” The popular Big Mac made its debut in 1965 thanks to Jim Delligatti, a McDonald’s franchisee.
5. Profits Story: “Checkers & Rally’s Releases New Modular and Shipping Container Building Designs to Lower Investment, Accelerate Growth and Maximize ROI:” The 4.0 design model includes off-site built modular and environmentally friendly shipping container options.
4. Places Story: “NY Daily News: 26 Arrested After Fight for $15 Minimum Wage Protest Shut Down Broadway:” Over a dozen minimum wage protesters were arrested in New York City.
3. Columns: “This Holiday Season, Give the Gift of Grammar:” Following the seven C’s of communication will help you streamline more effective business conversations.
2. In the Media: “What to Do Now That the Overtime Rule was Blocked:” The controversial rule may have been delayed, but fast-casual operators should still prepare.
1. Power Rankings: Through November 26, Buffalo Wings & Rings jumped five slots to No. 1; Papa Murphy’s (welcome to the list), Wireless Zone, Pita Pit, Signal 88, Famous Toastery, Alair, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK and Wild Birds Unlimited also made the list this week.