Here are the eight things you need to know from this week.
7. Brand of the Week: Togo’s
Building Off Of Fanatic Fan Base, Togo’s Continues Expansion Throughout West Coast: The brand will continue to leverage its heritage and large, loyal customer following that it has built over the past four decades to fuel continued development in California and throughout the West.
Unrivaled Support System and Unique Business Model Sets Togo’s Apart from the Competition: Senior Director of Company Restaurant Operators and franchisee Tony Hardin explains why the brand’s best days are in its future.
6. People Story: Fast Casual: Howard Shultz Resigning as Starbucks CEO to Focus on Retail Innovation: Starbucks CEO is stepping down to focus on innovation as the company’s executive chairman.
5. Profits Story: Fast Casual: Chipotle’s Stocks Drop After Ells Admits Nervous 2017 Outlook: Chipotle founder and co-CEO unhappy with half the burrito chain’s restaurants.
4. Places Story: “Papa Murphy’s Launches New Turnkey Development Program to Fuel Growth in Key Target Markets:” Nation’s leading Take ‘n’ Bake pizza chain using successful corporate model to streamline opening process for franchisees.
3. Columns: “They Are Who We Thought They Were:” When it comes to making decision in business and in life, it’s important to trust your gut.
2. In The Media: “Nation’s Restaurant News: Andy Puzder Expected to be Labor Secretary:” After much speculation, long-tie Trump supporter Andy Puzder has officially been tapped for the president-elect’s cabinet.
1. Thought of the Day: Why transparency will always in the race.