Here are the eight things you need to know from this week.
We break down some of the top headlines in franchising so you can stay in the know.
1. “Nation’s Restaurant News: Capriotti’s Acquires Three Franchising Veterans as Investors:” David Barr, a Yum! Brands Inc., franchisee and board member at Del Frisco’s Restaurant Group Inc., along with JD and Shelly Sun, founders of the home health agency BrightStar Care, have invested in 103-units with Capriotti’s.
2. “IFA’s @OurFranchise Tour Stops in Virginia to Showcase Franchise Opportunities for Local Communities:” The second leg of the @OurFranchise tour in Virginia included a three-stop “franchise crawl” through the Virginia Beach Town Center.
3. The All-Star Franchisees Issue: This week, we featured stories from Dean Kessel of Famous Toastery; Stormy Weston of Mosquito Joe; Jeff Burroughs of Sport Clips; Trey Hornsby of WORKOUT ANYTIME; Silvia Slemmer of Wild Birds Unlimited; Roger Wilder of Smoothie King; Cliff Hudson of Fresh Coat; and Sterling Woody of Christian Brothers Automotive
4. Biz New Orleans: Smoothie King On Its Way to Reaching 1,000 Unit Milestone by 2017:” Smoothie King’s CEO Wan Kim is aiming for world domination one smoothie at a time.
5. “NJ.Com: Farm Stores Expands Into Two New Jersey Counties:” The drive-thru convenience store plans to open new locations in New Jersey in Union and Somerset.
6. “Take Care Of Your Clients Or Someone Else Will:” It’s important to prove to your clients every single day that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.
7. “QSR Magazine: Chicken Soars to New Heights:” Chicken is pulling ahead of Mexican, burgers and pizza in interest and sales.
8. “CNNMoney: Hiring Slows: America Gains 151,000 Jobs in August:” Employers in the U.S. decreased their hiring in August.