The top eight things you probably didn’t need to know in franchising this week.
1. Frantastic: Everyone wants to know what the silver bullet is in franchise development. But the reality is, there isn’t one. That’s why Frantastic conversation at the 2017 Franchise Leadership & Development Conference focused on innovation and collaboration. There aren’t any secrets in franchise sales, so it’s beneficial for brands and experts to come together at conferences like this one to share best practices and move the industry forward.
2. Franlebrity: Shaq or no Shaq? Our original Franlebrity this week was benched, but luckily, 3x Super Bowl champion Emmit Smith stepped up to fill his extremely large shoes. And keynote speaker was still a crowd pleaser at the conference, because at the end of the day, people in the franchising industry love celebrities. But if you’re still bummed about missing out on a Shaq speech, check out this week’s edition of “The 8” where we talk about him anyway.
3. Frash Money: Even though the cost of selling franchises is climbing, the investment into social advertising is proving to be a strong option for brands. As long as the content that’s supporting a concept’s advertising makes sense, putting money into targeted, digital advertising seems to be a cost-effective way to go after franchise prospects.
4. Frant of the Week: So many Frants, so little time. Even though there’s nothing new in franchise sales, a lot of great business is about blocking and tackling. And in the agency world that we live in, what separates the good from the great is customer service. If you service your prospects and clients well, your business should do good things.
5. Franch Forward: Events like the Franchise Leadership & Development Conference are a great way to bring people together with a goal of Franching Forward. By meeting other industry professionals and starting positive conversations, franchise brands will continue moving forward.
6. Fran Funny: What happens at Fran Bars (hopefully) stays at Fran Bars.
7. Franspiration: “We is greater than I. If you have that mentality in franchising, then you have a shot of winning at franchise sales.” – No Limit Agency CEO Nick Powills
8. Franemies vs. Frands: There are a lot of Frands to be seen at conferences… and maybe a few Franemies? We’ll leave this one open for you to decide.