The top eight stories you probably didn’t need to know in franchising this week.
1. Frantastic: Are you a franchisor that’s thinking about hiring a PR agency? Then we have some Frantastic news. A recent Entrepreneur article details what brands need to know before making this decision. The publication spoke with franchisors and PR agencies alike to learn more about what you should consider before investing in a PR firm.
2. Franlebrity: Your company’s culture has the ability to make or break its success. That’s why it’s important to address and fix company cultures when they’re broken. This week’s Franlebrity, Restaurant HR Group CEO Carrie Luxem, has some expert insight when it comes to changing a company’s culture for the better. In her latest video column for 1851, she shares two questions you should ask in order to turn your company’s culture around. You can watch the full video here.
3. Frash Money: Franchising is all about support. That’s why the industry is filled with top tier suppliers who are able to help brands make Frash Money. As a part of our annual list issue, we rounded up 10 of these top suppliers who specialize in business services. From marketing and development companies to consulting and technology solutions, these suppliers are ones to watch.
4. Frant of the Week: Do the numbers 40, 42 and 70 mean anything to you? If you’re in marketing, they should — in his latest column for 1851, No Limit Agency CEO Nick Powills explains that these are the most important numbers in marketing. That’s because in restaurant marketing, 40 percent of first time guests will come back if the service and operations are great. If they return, 42 percent of that group will come back again if the experience is consistent. That number then climbs to 70 percent of third time visitors who will return again. To learn more, check out the full column on 1851.
5. Franch Forward: Indianapolis Colts running back Nyheim Hines isn’t solely focused on his football career — he’s also looking to Franch Forward with Bojangles’. Even though he makes $480,000 a year playing for the Colts, he recently spent his bye week working at Bojangles’ to gain experience because he loves the brand and wants to open at least five Bojangles’ restaurants.
6. Fran Funny: What does Miley Cyrus eat for Thanksgiving? Twerky.
7. Franspiration: “I think you start with yourself. You challenge everything you do. What are your working habits? How can you improve? How can you become more productive? How can you know more?” - Dunkin’ Executive Chairman Nigel Travis on being successful in today’s work environment.
8. Franemies vs. Frands: Burger King is getting in on the Black Friday madness. The brand is encouraging its fans to visit its new site, Whopper Shopper, which gives people access to a range of banner ads for other brands. If a visitor purchases something from another retailer through the site, Burger King is using the royalties earned from the referral to give the customer a coupon for a free Whopper. Whopper Shopper will run through Cyber Monday.