1. Frantastic: In a new video series for Deluxe called Small Talks, Chuck Runyon, CEO of Anytime Fitness, highlights his top pieces of advice for aspiring business owners who are looking to become Frantastic franchisees. Runyon believes that franchisees should research the industry they want to get involved in to ensure there’s room for growth, speak with existing franchisees and get to know the corporate team before making an investment.
2. Franlebrity: There’s a new voice on 1851, and we’re shouting her out as this week’s Franlebrity. Carrie Luxem, CEO of Restaurant HR Group, has launched a weekly video series on 1851. You can check out her content every Tuesday for tips and ideas designed to help members of the restaurant industry move forward.
3. Frash Money: In an effort to make the purchasing experience more seamless on Instagram, the social sharing platform will now allow users to save their payment information directly in the app. Even though Instagram already allowed users to shop online from retailers’ sites through a pop-up page, customers now have the opportunity to skip the check out process and make purchases through Instagram. This update comes as Instagram continues to build out its ad model and tools to support businesses.
4. Frant of the Week: In order to maximize the time dedicated to securing both media placements and results for clients, No Limit Agency made a change. Rather than measuring a results KPI, an effort KPI was put in place. However, as CEO Nick Powills reflects in his latest Frant, that may have been a mistake. Head to 1851 to read the full column and learn more about what’s next as NLA continuously refines its process to get the best results for clients while motivating its team at the same time.
5. Franch Forward: It’s impossible for brands to Franch Forward without franchisee validation. That’s why 1851 teamed up with Franchise Business Review to highlight some of the brands that were ranked in the top 10 of FBR’s 2018 Franchisee Satisfaction Awards. In the mini-series, top executives from Kona Ice, Dream Vacations, MaidPro, Pinch a Penny, Precision Concrete Cutting, Home Instead Senior Care and Wild Birds Unlimited offer insight as to how they keep their franchisees happy and why that validation is essential for their brands.
6. Fran Funny: Why did the marketer get off the trampoline? He was worried about his bounce rate.
7. Franspiration: “Today, candidates want to do as much self-discovery as possible. So providing them with content and market presence is paramount.” - Lonnie Helgerson, Chairman of the Board at Kix Mobile
8. Franemies vs. Frands: Restaurant franchisors have a new Franemie — or potentially Frand — to deal with. A piece of legislation tied to the Affordable Care Act that requires restaurant chains with 20 or more stores to post nutritional information, including calorie counts, on all menus recently became law. The regulation goes beyond traditional restaurants, and also applies to chains that sell food in the grocery, movie theater and vending machine industries.