The top eight stories you probably didn’t need to know in franchising this week.
1. Frantastic: After launching a wedding registry earlier this year, Domino’s Pizza is now rolling out a baby registry for expecting parents. The registry—which was designed in partnership with Guru Guru—is a place for parents to request Domino’s gift cards. Gift givers can also cater events for parents-to-be. We’re not 100 percent sold on this idea being truly Frantastic, but it’s definitely creative. Would you register with Domino’s? Let us know on Facebook.
2. Franlebrity: We kicked off a new issue on 1851 highlighting Young Ones to Watch. The series—which will run throughout all of December—started with Franlebrity Barb Agostini, Vice President of Partner Development for O2E Brands. In her interview, Agostini offers advice for up-and-comers in the franchising industry and makes a prediction on what will likely change the industry going forward.
3. Frash Money: As the end of the year quickly approaches, franchisees need to start thinking about how to prepare for tax season. That’s why 1851 connected with three CPAs to get tips for local owners on how to best close out 2017 with their Frash Money financials in place. Our expert sources recommend getting your books in order before the new year, putting a retirement plan in place, dishing out employee bonuses, circling back on charity partnerships and considering any supplies or equipment needed.
4. Frant of the Week: No Limit Agency CEO Nick Powills is kicking off a new kind of Frant this week. In the first installment of a four-part series, he’s diving into what it takes to target prospects instead of leads. This initial column highlights what goes into buying a franchise from a prospect’s point of view, emphasizing the complexity that each candidate brings to the table. To continue the story, check out this same link every Thursday on 1851.
5. Franch Forward: Pizza Hut is Franching Forward into new territory—the chain is now delivering beer to customers’ doors. Pizza Hut’s Phoenix location is the first market to get the delivery option, with wine expected to be added to the menu in January. Right now, there’s no word on when booze delivery will be rolled out nationwide. It’s likely that it’ll happen in early 2018.
6. Fran Funny: What do you call an elf who sings? A wrapper.
7. Franspiration: “Life is full of obstacle illusions.” – Grant Frazier
8. Franemies vs. Frands: Back in May, we tweeted at Burger King asking when Flamin’ Hot Mac n’ Cheetos would become a thing. We know they saw the tweet, seeing as though they threw us a like. Now, half a year later, BK has taken that advice to heart and introduced the product. So, we’re wondering—where’s our shout out? The packaging that our graphic designer created even looks identical to the one that Burger King is using. That’s why we’re calling out Burger King as our Franemy.