The top eight things you probably didn’t need to know in franchising this week.
1. Frantastic: We’re kicking off “The 8” with a Frantastic brand, Buffalo Wings & Rings. Even though the restaurant industry has changed drastically over the past few decades, the brand has managed to stay ahead of the curve and see success by creating a more millennial and family friendly environment. But that’s not the only thing that separates Buffalo Wings & Rings from the competition. To learn more about what makes the concept unique, head to 1851.
2. Franlebrity: We set a record this week for the most number of Franlebrities on “The 8,” including Wild Birds Unlimited chief development officer Paul Pickett. However, Pickett points out that Wild Birds Unlimited is made up of even more Franlebrities—its franchisees. Local owners like Julia and Sean Dennis, who remodeled and relaunched the brand’s Hilton Head location in March, are proving that it’s possible to turn a passion for nature and animals into a profitable career with the help of the Wild Birds Unlimited brand.
3. Frash Money: One segment of the franchising industry that’s bringing in Frash Money right now is senior care. And as the segment continues to become more popular among business owners and consumers alike, that trend is expected to grow alongside the aging population across the country. Check out this week’s edition of “The 8” to see what No Limit Agency chief development strategist Sean Fitzgerald says is next for the senior care segment.
4. Frant of the Week: Our Frant this week focuses on a brand that’s changing the game in the salon industry: Sport Clips. There’s a long list of reasons that the brand’s business ownership opportunity stands out from other industries in franchising, but one of the most powerful advantages is how it’s recession resistant. Of all the Sport Clips locations that have been open for any period of time over the last five years, 99.3 percent are still open today.
5. Franch Forward: Dairy Queen is Franching Forward with new locations in Idaho. As the state’s economy continues to grow, the brand is capitalizing on its strong momentum and awareness among consumers in the area. Dairy Queen’s expansion also builds on the climbing demand for its DQ Grill & Chill concept, proving that the brand goes far beyond frozen treats.
6. Fran Funny: Why do chicken coops only have two doors? If they had four, they would be called chicken sedans.
7. Franspiration: We’re shaking things up this week when it comes to Franspiration. Who said that it’s important to “understand ‘failure’ for what it is—stepping stones for success?” Watch “The 8” to see Charles Internicola, ecomaids owner and founder of The Internicola Law Firm, P.C., can guess.
8. Franemies vs. Frands: WORKOUT ANYTIME is one of our longtime Frands. But the brand is also a Frand to its franchisees—its simple business model and potential for a strong return on investment makes the brand's business ownership opportunity attractive to aspiring entrepreneurs. That’s why franchisees are consistently scaling their businesses alongside the fitness concept. In fact, 63 percent of WORKOUT ANYTIME franchisees own multiple locations.